We are required to maintain and collect information as regulated and governed by the following Legislation:
- Strata Schemes Management Act 1996;
- Strata Scheme Management Regulation 2010;
- Community Land Management Act 1989;
- Property Stock & Business Agents Regulations 2003;
- Privacy Amendments Act 2000.
Our privacy principles include:
Independent Unit Management only collects and stores individual personal information required by legislation and necessary to undertake strata managing agent duties on behalf of schemes under management.
We do not use or disclose personal information about an individual for any purpose other than the primary purpose for which the information was collected, unless the individual would reasonably expect Independent Unit Management to use or disclose the information for another purpose.
Independent Unit Management will not release personal information to a third party, unless:
- There is a direct instruction from the individual;
- As required by our statutory obligations as strata managing agents;
- To fulfill legal obligation to make repairs to the common property;
- We must adhere to legal instructions or orders.
Independent Unit Management institutes a high level of IT infrastructure security, including firewalls, anti-virus & anti spam software and hardware.
If you believe there has been a breach of your private information held by Independent Unit Management, please contact Kevin Willits at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9822 7800.